Canadian visa types and requirements
A visa is a passport stamp that grants you entry into a specific nation. It is a formal permit or travel license that permits people to remain in a specific nation for an indefinite period of time.
Every nation has an embassy or consulate there, where, among other things, the application and process for obtaining a visa are carried out.
The officials at the border of the nation you seek to enter will assess your eligibility for entry and determine whether you are granted a visa by the embassy or consulate there; if not, you will be deported back to your own country.
VISA TYPES FOR CANADA
Although there are several varieties of Canadian visas, they can be divided into two basic categories:
- a short-term visa
- Long-term visa
- visa for express entry
A temporary visa is one that the consulate issues to a visitor allowing them to enter Canada and remain there for a set amount of time, typically six months or more, depending on their reason for travel.
However, there are two types of temporary visas for Canada: single entrance and multiple entry. A multiple entrance visa permits the bearer to enter and exit Canada on more than one occasion as opposed to a single entry visa, which only allows the holder to enter Canada once.
MORE THAN TWO TYPES OF TEMPORARY VISA ARE AVAILABLE:
- Business visas are issued to individuals or groups of individuals who intend to conduct business.
- Tourist visas are issued to anyone who desire to travel, and they are also referred to as visitors visas.
- courtesy visa: people who don’t meet the requirements for an official or diplomatic visa are given this form of visa out of respect for the position they hold.
- Canada With a super visa, parents or grandparents can travel to see their Canadian-born or permanent residents who are children or grandkids.
- Students who have been admitted to study in Canada are eligible to apply for a student visa.
- It may also be known as a study permit. An individual is offered a temporary residency visa in place of admission to a programme that would last no more than six months.
- temporary residency permit: people who intend to attend conferences, workshops, etc. for two weeks or less are granted this sort of visa.
Applicants who wish to donate an organ to a Canadian permanent resident or citizen are granted this sort of temporary visa.
- temporary work visa: Those who have received a job offer are eligible for this sort of visa.
- Diplomatic and official visas: These short-term visas are issued to diplomats and representatives of other nations to enable them to enter Canada.
- pregnant people who want to give birth in Canada can apply for a special kind of temporary visa in this category.
Recommend: The Guide to Entering Canada Through Express Entry in 2022
VISA FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
An immigrant visa is another name for the permanent visa. The applicant’s authorization to live permanently in Canada is granted through the visa.
A permanent resident’s spouse and dependent children may immigrate to Canada permanently via the family sponsorship scheme.
Only those with abilities in business, agriculture, sports, etc. who can effectively launch a firm in Canada are eligible for a self-employed person visa.
The live-in caregiver program (LCP) offers grants to candidates who can look after children, individuals with disabilities, and the elderly in Canada.
The start-up visa program awards visas to applicants who can launch a firm and hire staff within three years. Such a candidate needs to be at least C$300,000 in net worth.
Quebec’s Selected Workers Program awards this visa to qualified applicants who meet the standards of the province and speak French fluently.
ADVANCED ENTRY VISA
The Canadian government electronically created this type of visa, which enables persons with a certain skill set to immigrate to and work in Canada.
The categories for express entry are:
- program for federally skilled workers (FSWP)
- federal programs for skilled trades (FSTP)
- Program for provincial nominees (PNP)
- class on Canadian experience
Nurses, engineers, IT specialists, accountants, and other professionals are all eligible for a government skilled worker program.
People who meet the requirements and have experience in trades like electricians, welders, plumbers, mechanics, etc. are eligible for the federal trades program.
The provincial nominee program enables provinces to propose and choose immigrants in accordance with the needs of the province at the moment. PNP is typically reserved for candidates that are regarded as semi-skilled.
Recommend : Find out which PNP makes it the simplest to obtain Canadian PR in 2022
- Checking your eligibility is the first step in the visa application process. Typically, applicants are required to complete an online questionnaire to determine their eligibility. Once you are qualified, you proceed to build your online account because practically everything these days is done online and you need one to make the visa application process easier.
- After setting up an internet account, the next step is to gather all the necessary paperwork, including a valid passport, a recent photo, a medical report, a police report, a support letter, a letter of purpose, a financial statement, etc.
- Pay all required fees; save your receipts as proof of payment after paying your application fee and visa processing charge.
- Wait for processing: After submitting your application, it will be reviewed, and you can be contacted for a biometric check and interview. As a result, you will need to go to the consulate or embassy.
- Send in your passport and photo: Following a successful application, you must mail your passport and processing fee to the embassy or consulate.
- Your passport will then be stamped by embassy representatives and sent back to you. You are free to plan your trip to Canada at this time.